Register now at
Turkey Track is a spectacular 13.1 or 26.2 mile trail
run on sweet single track, and with the start at 8,000 feet of altitude you’re
in for incredible mountain vistas and pristine mountain air as you follow the
edges of dynamic canyons and through Ponderosa and Aspen forests. Plus your
share of roots, rocks, turkeys and perhaps a little bit of mud! This run has mellow elevation gain, less than 1,500’—
the ideal early-season layout. It’s really the perfect transition from a ‘road’
to a ‘trail’ race
This year introducing two new distances 5k and 10k – everyone can be part of the trail action!
Besides the scenic trails, there are lots of
reasons runners return year after year to this race, here are lots of great reasons to sign up:
1. The race raises funds for GECKO
(www.joingecko.org) a 501c3 Pagosa Springs based charity that aims to get kids
off the couch, unplugged and outside!
2. We have a state of the art electronic chip
timing system. You’ll get accurate results fast.
3. All online entries are guaranteed a limited
edition, race branded Coolmax Running Sock.
Track is a race that prides itself on being a memorable day out. The friendly people of Pagosa Springs come
out to make it so: aid stations are run by local community groups like the ATV
Club Pagosa Trail Riders, the Roller Derby R.I.P team and the Pagosa Springs
High School Cross Country team–the Pirates. They all run like clock work and
are always well stock and well briefed.
5. We’re iPod and Pet friendly if that’s your
6. Now part of the XTERRA Colorado Trail Run
Series this year 5k and 10k distance have been added. As always this event is
included in the Trail Runner Magazine Trophy Series.
7. Every finisher will get a famous handmade
turkey foot adobe medal, made by the local elementary school art class.
8. Winners receive handcrafted metal work
trophies made by local artist Scott Slind
9. Top Sponsor XTERRA Partners for on course fuel
and great SWAG!
10. Killer after party at The Pagosa Brewing
Company to celebrate a great day out.
11. Why not take advantage of Pagosa Springs and
soak in the Hot Springs afterwards (they are in the Guinness Book of World
Records as the deepest!)
12. GECKO has many accommodation partners
offering 15% discount to all athlete
13. So you’re used to your course lead out being
on a mountain bike, correct? Well at Turkey Track, ours is a cowboy on a horse. Welcome to Colorado!
14. In 2014 XTERRA Turkey Track has joined
American Hiking Society’s National Trails Day which is a nationwide
celebration of trails and an opportunity to celebrate our country’s 200,000+
miles of trails by participating in an outdoor event. Please join us on June
7th to unite in the effort to promote healthy living,
protect green spaces and reinforce the importance of trails in our
15. 5k and 10k distances have been added – take
your time, we’ll be out there all day anyway! Hike it or walk it if you can’t
run, just have fun!